First of all if you are reading this hello.
I’m not really expecting people to read this though so that first sentence is kind of useless.
My name is Sarah (obviously) and I started this blog as a project for myself. My life is far from interesting and if you ask me it’s downright boring 90% of the time. But I have been told that I am stranger than most people because I get bored very easily. I explain it to my brother who constantly teases me (in a friendly way) about it as this; there is always something going on in my head. Sometimes it’s a song, other times it’s a movie, occasionally I could just be thinking of random things, or most recently an episode or gag reel of Supernatural. Because all this is a non-stop thing, if the activity in the outside world isn’t equal to whatever is going on in my head then chances are I’m going to be bored. I know, it sounds a little crazy but I’m sure I’m not the only person this happens to.
So there’s that. Since this is my first post I guess I should do a little get to know me thing. I’m not really good at talking about myself so I’ll make a list. I’m 20 years old so I guess I’ll write 20 things about me.
- I love music. Basically any kind.
- I play the flute (among a few other instruments)
- I am majoring in music education with a minor in psychology
- I love animals
- My mom and I have always been really close. She’s my best friend. It may seem lame to other people but I love our relationship.
- I’m an introvert. As such I would rather curl up with a good book and a cinnamon dolce latte than go to a party.
- I’m socially awkward and quite shy. I don’t like speaking in front of people unless it’s about music.
- I love to laugh.
- I have a very low self esteem. I don’t say that to get attention or to complain it’s just a fact.
- I want to go to Europe one day. London,Venice,Paris,Rome,Greece, and most recently added to my list of places, Denmark. 🙂
- I like cooking. I’m no master chef by any means but I am attempting to learn new recipes.
- I love to swim. In fact my favorite time of year is a contradiction to this because it is when swimming outside goes away.
- To answer the favorite time of year question: Autumn. All the colorful leaves and pumpkin everything just makes me happy.
- I am very indecisive. I can’t pick favorite tv shows or characters because then I feel like I am neglecting the other ones who are just as awesome.
- I am somewhat of a geek. Batman,Buffy, Doctor Who, Sherlock(BBC) and Supernatural make up about 70% of me. I am really good at talking about any of these things at random and unprovoked. But what can I say…I just love them.
- I am horrible at math. Just awful. I hate it.
- I really want to learn a different language. I don’t know which one or why…I just want to.
- On that note ^ I love learning new things. Whether it’s about history or a different culture or tv/movie trivia I just love to learn it.
- I get extremely passive aggressive and sarcastic if I’m angry or really tired. In general I make little sarcastic remarks in a joking manner but they start to come off really mean when I’m angry.
- And finally, I am loyal. I believe that being friends with someone shouldn’t be for your convenience. If you are my friend or family I will stick up for you and be there for you unless you show me that I am just there as a last resort.
Whew. That was hard. I didn’t think 20 facts about me would take me over 40 minutes to write. Thankfully it’s over.
This seems like a pretty good first blog if I do say so myself.
In the off chance that someone is actually reading this give me some feedback. Talk to me. Ask questions. Interact. I don’t bite.
I was trying to decide if I should have some cheesy sign off like “xoxo Sarah” (yeah okay, I may have got that idea from Gossip Girl[don’t like that show]) or maybe I could just end mid-
Sentence. But all of that seems too cliche. Maybe I’ll end with a quote each time…Yeah I like that plan.
“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” -Edgar Allan Poe